Sunday, May 6, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #165 - Honey, I Shrunk the Blog


NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-FIVE
STACKING THE SHELVES


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

WAITING 4 WEDNESDAY

COVER CONVERSATIONS
OFF MY SHELF WEEK

CONVERSATIONS
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Giving Mental Health Advice



I have come to the conclusion that the only way to make room for a more serious bent to my music, and still have time to comment on other blogs and READ, is to both shrink the blog and my book blogosphere social media presence.

There will only be two regular weekly features:

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
TELL ME TUESDAY

One regular monthly meme:

BOOKSTAGRAM BOOST

And three floating features:

CONVERSATIONS
PIN IT! HAUL IT! DO IT!
DOWN THE TBR HOLE

My intent is to not have more than three posts a week. I will still be doing tags and surveys, challenges, and similar, but on off weeks where I have only two other posts going up.
---
What is going buh-bye?

WAITING 4 WEDNESDAY
COVER CONVERSATIONS
THE MONTHLY MOSH

 Most of what was in the The Monthly Mosh will be split between The Sunday Synopsis and Tell Me Tuesday. I will be linking TSS to Stacking the Shelves, and TMT to Top Ten Tuesday. My reviews have always been conversational in nature, so they will be posted as Conversations. My monthly $5 gift card giveaways have been very weakly received with only 8-10 people entering, so I have decided to do bigger giveaways less often and see if that helps. 


I will be adding my favorite Instagram photo found, and my most liked photo to the two featured Bookstagrammers on my Bookstagram Boost posts. I may also include links to photography tips and articles I have found, and props I have gotten at The Dollar Tree. Every regular post will be multipurpose!



STACKING THE SHELVES is hosted by Tynga's Reviews!

BOOKISH AUTHOR MAIL
Michael Okon sent me his first book with a fidget spinner and a knit hat. This time, with the sequel, I received all these goodies. It's on the funny side what we thought the purple gel and bead filled bag was. Heh heh.

He sent six rubber wrist bands so I'll be giving five of them away!

So here's the scoop on the squishy purple bag. I thought it was a stress relief toy, and when I showed it to my son he thought it was, too. It is filled with liquid gel and little squishy beads. The back is covered with a soft velvety material. After I spent half the day squashing the beads around I looked at the tag and it's a hot/cold pack. Ha! I am still using it as a stress bag and my son picks it up and squishes it around when he comes into my room to talk to me.



Author Lori M. Lee sent me the promotional bookmark for Ellen Oh's Asian authors' anthology which she has penned a story for. She feels bad that she hasnt given me the last book in the GATES OF THREAD AND STONE TRILOGY, so it's a peace offering. Just kidding! Ha ha. But she does need to feed my need for that last book; it's been three years!


Did you know that Starr from THE HATE YOU GIVE and Bram from SIMON VS. are cousins? Do I smell a collaboration coming on?




TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
Books with my favorite color on the cover.
(or in the title)

BOOKSTAGRAM BOOST


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
STACKING THE SHELVES
What have you added to your book shelves?
Have a magnificent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.