Tuesday, February 6, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #183 - TOP TEN

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-THREE
TOP TEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEKS TMT

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I haven't written my Goodreads review, yet. I am reading all Black women authors in February for Black History Month.


MG? YA?
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
(yes, 1980s is considered HF, now, *wimpers*)
DIVERSE / CULTURAL
Publishes - March 13th Netgalley
I am loving this story!


I thought this was an ARC because I was invited to read it via Netgalley, but it is only a review book as it was published in 2015. I am excited to read it because Talitha from VICTORIAN SOUL CRITQUES gave it a rave review.


My son was going to either read the next DRESDEN FILES he's been borrowing from a friend, or start reading the A GAME OF THRONES paperback I gifted him for Yule, but after we finished our buddy read of DUNE he was hooked and started the second book, DUNE MESSIAH, right away! 



HOSTED BY:
UNREAD BOOKS ON MY SHELVES THE LONGEST
I changed it up a bit and am only listing physical books I own.

I was spoiled for this book, with the BIG SPOILER, the day after it came out, so I lost all enthusiasm for it. It was one of my highly anticipateds and I had pre-ordered it. *frowns* It is on my Beat the Backlist Challenge list so I should get to it this year. It has been on the shelf three and a half years.

This is the duology sequel to MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH which I loved and adored, but after reading the first two chapters I was starting to be disappointed, so I re-shelved it. I am going to try and read this one, this year, as well. I think it has been on the shelf around three years.

This book is super dense! I'm not one to shy away from heavy difficult reading, but it has challenged me not once, but twice. After I set it aside the first time, Pili from IN LOVE WITH HANDMADE and I decided to buddy read it. I don't feel so bad now because we both needed to set it aside. Maybe I'll tackle it next year after I retire from my day job! It has been waiting to be finished for three and a half years.

I met this author in a Rod Serling Goodreads fan group. His book was inspired by The Twilight Zone. I gave him a heads up about a book event Rod's daughter was going to be speaking at in his city with enough time to reserve tickets, and also told Anne about him and that he was going to try and give her his book at her book signing. He was so thankful for the introduction that he sent me his book. It was my first ever given directly from an author, but it's pretty boring, so I haven't read much of it. He was also a pest about getting Anne to read his book, so I may never finish it. Ha ha. It's been on my shelf over four years.

I loved the first book in this trilogy, MYSTIC CITY, and I scooped both hardcovers up on Book Outlet when I saw them. I was waiting to read it because the third book was coming out In a couple of months and I wanted to read them back to back. However, they only ended up publishing it in German! It makes no sense because the author is American. I am afraid to read it because I have heard it ends in a HUGE cliffhanger. *sighs* This was about three years ago. UPDATE: When I went to look at the publication date for the third book, BODY ELECTRIC, someone had linked that the English version is on Audible. Hooray! I am sad there will be no physical copy for my bookshelves, though.

I won this over four years ago on Goodreads, but I have always wanted to read Mary Poppins first.

AND DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!
Basically, all the physical books I have from before blogging are all read except these four Tolkiens from THE MID 1980s. Ha!
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.