Friday, September 1, 2017

DOG DAYS OF SUMMER 2017 WRAP-UP

2017 WRAP-UP
For the entire month of August Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG and I have been reading dog books and doing dog related posts for our DOG DAYS OF SUMMER theme. We even came up with a fun DOG TAG for everyone to do! I am hoping that this will become an annual event for us and maybe next year we can have a blog hop with a linky and prizes. I was thinking about some sort of photo contest, too.

◆◆◆

Because my August ARC pile was a mile high my goal for Dog Days was one canine inspired book a week, which I managed with a squidge of cheating. The dog cookbook took me all of a half an hour to read. Heh heh.

GOODREADS

The portrayal of Walter's overweight Golden Retiever, Milton, in this story is spot on and heartwarming.




I posted about some older movies I loved and found two fabulous lists, with movie poster images, of the complete Disney dog movies and another with basically all canine character films; which I linked: HERE.

I also showed you some of my favorite dog inspired books from my childhood and added a few of my son's, too. There is a photo of him in his Clifford Halloween costume from second grade: HERE.


Jolene and I were delighted with the number of bloggers who did our tag! I really enjoyed seeing all the photos of everyone's dogs: past and present; hearing their stories, and finding out which fictional dogs from books and movies have won their hearts over the years.

TAG POSTS
JO'S BOOK BLOG - Jolene
◆◆◆
BOOK HAVEN - Greg
BOOKER T'S FARM - Boxer Mommy
MELISSA'SBOOKWORLD - Melissa

 SOME DDOS BOOK REVIEWS & RECOMENDATIONS
RANDOM REDHEADED RAMBLINGS - Last Dog On Earth
HE SAID BOOKS OR ME - Three Mini-Reviews
BOOKER T'S FARM - A New Leash On Love
BOOKER T'S FARM - Can't Wait Wednesday
BOOKER T'S FARM - TTT Hidden Gems
BOOKER T' S FARM - The Luster Of Lost Things
JO'S BOOK BLOG - DDOS Recommendations
I WISH I LIVED IN A LIBRARY - The Luster Of Lost Things


JO'S BOOK BLOG
Make sure to visit my lovely co-host, Jolene's, DDOS Wrap-Up: HERE. She has photos of the Hurricane Harvey rescues she helped intake for the agency with whom she fosters senior dogs.

◆◆◆

There were so many wonderful posts I may have missed some, so if you posted dog related content in August, and I overlooked it, please let me know in the comments and I will add it right away. Feel free to do the DOG TAG at any time. If you leave your link in the comments on my tag post I will add your link!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.