Sunday, July 23, 2017

THE SUNDAY POST #123

THE SUNDAY POST
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-THREE

THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.


THE SUNDAY POST

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

WEEKLY WALK
PHOTOGRAPHS
Chenango River Promenade
(I didn't cheat this time)

As you can see it was a light week. My Kindle has been doing all sorts of crazy things like not copying any of the images or links when I copy and paste blocks of formatting, and eating up entire lines of text and html when I backspace once! That, combined with sickeningly hot humid weather, had my patience levels at an all time low. I also had either one or both of my little charges every day last week, at least for a couple of hours each time. Last week their favorite activity seemed to be fighting over whose turn it was to have chamomile tea in the disappearing Cheshire Cat mug Elizabeth from SO LONG... & THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH gifted me. Ha ha. I have another one that the Manchild bought for a past birthday, but it is still packed away from when we were supposed to move five years ago. I need to find it for sanity's sake!

Times are a changin' for me. It looks like there is no more Friday Night Martini Girls. Since winter has been over, only one or two other people (out of a pool of about 15) have shown up, usually someone different each time I have gone, and the last four weeks no one has wanted to meet up. So now, other than doing something with my sister every couple of weeks, I will have no adult socialization. Baz Manchild does not count. It is going to feel strange.


I ordered my little travel/practice guitar. It should be here Tuesday. And, by the way, the blue finish won.



CURRENTLY READING
I started (and am now finishing up) my buddy read with Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS, of the last Tiffany Aching title from the Discworld series. I couldn't find the hardcover I just bought, so I had to buy the ebook. Ha! I have books stacked two feet high and three stacks deep on my dresser. I need to order my new shelves.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
The first three REDWALL books were on sale for $1.99 each, so I snapped them up. I have wanted to do a re-read of the first six or eight I read with Baz Manchild. We have some of them in hardcover so I think I want to collect them. There are 28 in the series. Heh heh. The first three books are still on sale today.

GOODREADS
This was the last book I needed to complete my Octavia Butler collection! It seemed it was never going to go on sale, but it finally did. It was $1.99, but is already back to regular price.

And of course the ebook I had to buy. I have all the other Tiffany titles as ebooks, so it would have been silly not to have this one, too.

GOODREADS
I knew about this Kindle In Motion edition, but I didn't know the pre-order was only $9.99 until Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG mentioned it. Thanks, Jo, I ordered it!


BOUGHT AUDIOBOOKS
AUDIBLE
I received an email from Audible for a free 30 Day trial with TWO membership credits. I had already used my free trial eons ago, but I clicked it on a whim and they gave it to me! I used the credits for the first two Harry Potter books. Now I will be finishing my fifth re-read of Sorcerer's Stone, via my illustrated edition, while simultaneously listening to the audio book!


BOOK MAIL
It was a fabulous week for book mail and also surprises!

GOODREADS
Simon and Schuster surprised me with this HUGE graphic novel. Look how thick it is! It is the new English edition of a French title.

I bought this with my Book Outlet $5.00 summer coupon. It was like getting free shipping. I am not using it as a journal. I'm going to keep addresses and birthdays, and the like in it. It was originally from the Metropolitan Museum Of Art's gift shop. There is one with a crab on the cover that I would like as well. Ha ha.

GOODREADS
Author Intisar Khanani tweaked the cover art on her Sunbolt paperback, so she was having giveaways for original copies she had on hand. It was a wonderful surprise to find this in my mailbox because I knew I hadn't won anything. She personalized the book to me, and also sent a bookmark and a personal note thanking me for all my support. Hugs and more HUGS going out to Intisar. It was perfect timing because as you know I have been a bit down about blogging lately.
Tweaked cover. I love it!


LONG BLACK VEIL and GEORGE were gifted to me by Lauren from BOOK GIRL SECRETS. I had commented on her Top Ten Tuesday, Best Of 2017 So Far, post that I had been dying to read both of these titles she had included in her TTT list. She is downsizing, so she offered to send them to me. They are both hardcovers. I thank her from the bottom of my heart, and will be sending the copy of George to my friend's fifth grade classroom for their reading nook when I am finished.


FOR REVIEW: AUTHOR
NEW ADULT
SERIES #2 / COMPANION
(Haunted Hearts Legacy)
FANTASY / STEAMPUNK / ROMANCE
Publishes August 15th
I had another happy surprise in a Twitter DM. A.G. asked me if I had time to read the newest NA offering in her Haunted Hearts Legacy series. She warned me that this story is a tad more steamy than the previous book. Ha ha. I answered that DM immediately because I love and adore the Classic feel to her New Adult books, and I am sure those steamy love scenes will still be classy. Thanks, A.G.!

FOR REVIEW: EDELWEISS
GOODREADS
MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
FANTASY
Publishes November 7th

FOR REVIEW: NETGALLEY
GOODREADS
YOUNG ADULT
SERIES FINALE
(Jackaby)
FANTASY
HISTORICAL FICTION
MYSTERY
Publishes August 22nd
I have the rest of this series as ebooks and was planning to binge read them all before this one came out, but oof, I thought this released in the fall for some reason, so there is no way that is going to happen. Heh.

BLOG OF THE WEEK
PAGES UNBOUND REVIEWS
It would take an entire post to explain Briana's and Krysta' s blog. Here is what they say about their site: "A book blog focused on young adult, middle grade, and classic literature, where readers can find book reviews, thoughtful discussions, and general bookish fun." I love the academic slant they give to their reviews, the classics they feature, the thought provoking discussions they offer, and wonderful college life advice they provide.

HEALTH
I know so many of us are plagued with wrist problems because of the very nature of blogging, so here is my friend's massage therapist son-in-law's helpful and informative video about things you can do at home to relieve some of these problems.

BOOKS
Dragonfly from OUR FAMILARIUM talked about the dangers of THIRTEEN REASONS WHY: HERE.

HARRY POTTER
For all the latest Potterhead news apparate to THE SNIDGET on Facebook.


BOOK BLOGGER HOP
TOXIC BOOKS

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

THURSDAY TAG
THE A TO Z TAG

THE MONTHLY MOSH
JUNE READING WRAP-UP
STACKING THE SHELVES
$5.00 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway

THE SUNDAY POST

* I am changing the name of my WEEKLY WALK feature to THE WALKABOUT, so it doesn't have to be weekly. This way, if I happen to walk around in an interesting area a couple times in one week I can share one at another time; and if I don't get out to walk I won't have to cheat or fudge it!
Have a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.