Tuesday, July 4, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #153 + TOP TEN

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN TUESDAY
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-THREE
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

★★
I was so bored out my skull when I finished, I had nothing to say on Goodreads. Bah. I will say that if you choose to write about mundane everyday occurrences you have to be very talented at it; it can be done, but it takes extreme finnese and strong style, which this author did not have. If it hadn't been a review book I would have DNFed it for sure. To be honest, I don't think the author intended to write about the mundane; I think she thought the events in the story were interesting. They were not. Blergh. This was also an audio book and the narrator was only marginally good.


ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
SCIENCE FICTION
I am still working on this title because I had to take some time to get the above audiobook listened to and reviewed for Audiobook Boom. I had three audiobooks on my list and wanted to get one cleared off so I won't get too far behind. This story is fabulous. It published June 1st.

I am still reading my Illustrated Sorcerer's Stone a chapter, sometimes two, a night. I didn't get to it at all yesterday. I adore the images.


ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
FAMILY
NETGALLEY ARC
It published June 13th.

The girls at THE BROKE AND THE BOOKISH are taking a well deserved summer break until the middle of August, so I have decided to make up my own Top Ten this week...

TOP TEN
PLACES I FIND BOOK BARGAINS

EBOOK SALES NEWSLETTERS
*EBB includes The Portalist Sci-fi emails.

AUDIOBOOKS
*Downpour does a lot of $5.99 specials.

PHYSICAL BOOK DISCOUNTS
*The BWB site gives to charity and ships internationally for FREE!

DISCOUNT STORES
*For some reason I never seem to have book money to spend when we go to Ollie's, but I have seen great deals there and my sister has purchased books.

HONORABLE MENTION
*Tor posts tons of free Fantasy and SciFi short stories on their website.

∵∵∵

If you know of any others besides the Kindle Daily Deals and Goodreads Daily Deals, let me know in the comments.
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.