Thursday, July 13, 2017

BOOK BLOGGER HOP #11 - Favorite Reading Snacks


NUMBER ELEVEN
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE READING SNACKS?

*There is something wrong with the formatting on this post. The body is off center, and there is this strange space at the top. The post header on the home page looks weird too. I hope it is just a fluke with one post and not a new Blogger glitch!

l
BOOK BLOGGER HOP is hosted by Billy at Ramblings From A Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog. This week's question was submitted by Kristin @ Lukten av Trykksverte



These are my favorite reading snacks at the moment. I say that because I get on these food jags (remember Ozzy Osbourne on MTV's The Osbournes), where I basically eat the same thing everyday for weeks, and then I won't want them for another year. Ha ha. If I didn't have to cook different dinners for my son I would eat sweet potato ramens every night.


The only constant in the photo is my wonderful YORKSHIRE TEA with half and half and honey crystals. You can see the honey crystals on the spoon. When we switched to organic unbleached sugar I could not tolerate it in my tea, so I bought the honey crystals. They give the same sweetness as honey, but they don't have that heavier honey taste.
∵∵∵
I used to give away the author's favorite tea when I reviewed books here on the blog, and this was Joe Kipling, British author of THE UNION TRILOGY's, fave tea. She told me good luck finding it in the US, but Wegman's has a great international food section and they had all three types of Yorkshire. I bought a box for myself, too, and now it is the only regular tea I will drink! She would however, as a Brit, be horrified that I prepare my tea by putting the teabag in a large latte cup filled three fourths full of water and nuking it in the microwave for four minutes. Heh heh.
Coffee is my main go-to drink though, and the brand is EIGHT O'CLOCK. One of my college boyfriends drank it, and I never stopped. I buy the beans and grind them at home.

I have been trying to eat healthier snacks and the BELVITA breakfast cookies are made with whole grains, and are high in protein and other good things. However, I have never eaten them for breakfast. Ha! As shown in the photo above, I love dipping them in Nutella mixed with peanut butter. Mmmmm...
The BRETON CRACKERS can be healthy, they have multi-grain, whole grain, and white bean (gluten free) crackers, and I do have those occasionally, but my favorite is the sesame variety. They aren't unhealthy, but they don't have any extra nutrition. I make eating them healthier buy making a dip with fork-mashed chickpeas, garlic powder, ground black pepper, and a tiny dab of mayo.
What are your favorite reading snacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.