Sunday, June 4, 2017

THE SUNDAY POST #115

THE SUNDAY POST
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN
THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.



LAST. NOW. NEXT.

I have taken my 52 Pins post down for now until I can figure out why not everyone can see the photos.
52 PINS IN 52 WEEKS
MAY EDITION
Was my two ingredient pizza dough a hit, or a miss?

I had an author write a nasty comment on one of my Amazon reviews, so I added a quote from it on the bottom of my Goodreads review to let people know what kind of a person she is. Last week I received an email from Goodreads saying my review had been deleted because it was based on the author's actions and not the book, even though the review stated what I didn't like about the book and it had been up for weeks before I added the quote. I was told I could re-review the book as long as it made no reference to the author. So now she is going to be sorry she harassed me and flagged my review because not only am I going to do a more in depth Goodreads review of her book and why it is detrimental to preschoolers, but I am also going to do a blog post about her, her nasty comment, and her Paris Hilton/Ivanka Trump mentality and link it on the bottom of the review.


We have decided because we will be in this gawd forsaken postage stamp apartment for at least another year, from all of Baz Manchild's college major Wheel Of Destiny spinning, that we are going to turn the living room into a studio. I have got all of my guitar gear (and I am buying more at some point) stuffed in my tiny bedroom which is now even more claustiophobic with the addition of my reading chair and the bookcase I moved in to make room for the two new ones I am soon to buy for the living room studio. I am also going to be buying a soft box with stand, so I can take book photos in the middle of the night if I want to, and Baz is buying a bass and amp, so it would be nice to have all the music gear in one room. I want a table for taking photos to leave up, along with the soft box and the gigantic light bounce I have. I am getting rid of the love seat and buying a couple of chairs that can be moved around instead, and Baz is going to buy a rolling stand for the tv so it can be put in whichever room it is needed. I am really psyched for the change because I hate this place so much. I am thankful we have it though.

CURRENTLY READING
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
MEMOIR
ISSUE RELATED
MUSIC
NETGALLEY ARC
I am relating to this on so many levels: the young MC, the mother, and the lifestyle. It also makes me feel better about dropping out of the music biz when I had Baz Manchild. I saw this on Evelina's SUNDAY POST on AVALINAH'S BOOKS, last week and I was happy to see it was still available and even happier to get approved!


BOUGHT EBOOKS
It was $1.99 ($3.03 now) and that is a little steep for an 88 page short story, but I wanted it for my Octavia Butler collection.

GOODREADS
This is my mother's favorite book, I have never read it. I am going to read it and review it for Mother's Day next year. It was 99¢, but now it is regular price.

NETGALLEY
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
AUTISM
ADHD
I don't know why people have marked this book as mental health related on Goodreads because neither autism, nor ADHD is a mental illness. It publishes December 26th.
I was also approved for my current read.

FROM PUBLISHER
YOUNG ADULT
SHORT STORY ANTHOLOGY
ADOPTION
I have the eARC from Netgalley, so I am sending it off to my buddy Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG. I think Eric Smith must have sent me one because he edited it and I am on his mailing list.

FROM AUTHOR
I was given an Audible audiobook review copy of Olga via Audiobook Boom, and the author sent me an email with the illustrations that are in the print copy. After I reviewed the book he sent me a thank you email and asked if I wanted a physical copy. I was delighted because I loved the story and the illustrations are wonderful. It was a fun surprise to see that he also had sent me a copy of his other book, SHASHA AND WALLY WATSON VS. THE FAKER. It sounds like a fun book!

BLOG OF THE WEEK
Michelle and I became friends on Facebook two years ago today.Time sure flies when you are discussing books! She also admins with me on a Harry Potter fandom Facebook page.

Warner Brothers approves plans or a fan made movie about Voldemort. You can see the trailer, HERE.

BOOK BLOGGER HOP
Do You Have Other Things On Your Bookshelves?
(with photos)

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
Recently Added Diverse Titles

BOOK BLOGGER HOP
Which Living Author Would You Lunch With?

THE MONTHLY MASH
MAY EDITION
BOOKS ONLY WRAP-UP
STACKING THE SHELVES
$10.00 Gift Card Giveaway

THE SUNDAY POST
Have an astounding new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.